Muscle strains and injuries are usually caused by a shearing effect such as a contact injury or a strain. The muscle fibres and their surrounding tiny blood vessels rupture hence the pain.
The healing process for the human body is incredible – the repair cycle kicks in within hours.
It is a complicated physiological process but in a nutshell you’re looking at a cycle of 21 days until your muscle is getting close to where it used to be prior to injury. Due to this process, it is very important to be patient and listen to your body.
The classic trap is that you begin to feel ok and pain free by day 7-10 and think “I’m good to train again tonight”. Unfortunately, this is a recipe for a re-injury and starting the whole process all over again.
Therefore, correct management of muscle strains and injuries is very important to prevent re-injury and chronic repetitive problems. In these cases the majority of clients just need a helping hand to guide the process from acute management through to a short rehabilitation/strengthening programme.
The key component for the majority of clients is getting back to regular routines, sporting/exercise etc. in a responsible and time efficient manner.
How can Personal Health make the difference for you….?
Use Our App!
- Our Personal Health App uses rehabilitation videos filmed in line with best practice in e-learning
- no more guesswork around your technique
- your doctor/physio can prescribe from a library of over 1000 exercises ranging from basic to dynamic agility based rehabilitation
- track your progress with interactive rating scales & charts
- facilitates regular contact with your doctor/physio as we distance monitor your progress
Thanks for taking the time to read this
Ronan Fallon, Director of Physiotherapy