Diet, Nutrition…. what is all the fuss about?
When giving presentations I often ask my audience “why do you think diet is so important?”.
Various responses are given; “to lose weight”, “prevent heart problems”,“ prevent diabetes” which are all true but they are long term effects of good nutrition. It is amazing to see how few people think about the short term effects of eating a healthy balanced diet.
We are living busy lives trying to juggle family life, work, friends, exercise to say nothing of diet. Few people have time to sit down and think about their diet and how it affects them.
Eating a balanced diet in addition to having regular meals throughout the day can:
- Boost your energy levels
- Prevent sugar cravings
- Protect your digestive health
- Stop that sluggish feeling after a heavy meal
- Prevent low mood
- Boost your immune system
- Improve your concentration levels
- Encourage self esteem
In addition to the short term effects of good nutrition, in the long run a healthy diet can reduce your risk of developing:
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Irritable bowel syndrome
In fact, many illnesses can be as a result of our genes which we can do nothing about. However, we are in control of modifiable risk factors such as our diet and physical activity and can reduce the risk of various diseases.
How can Personal Health help you to achieve a healthy diet?
Finally, our Consultant Dietitian can assist you and help you to improve your diet by;
- identifying your specific nutritional needs
- providing dietary and lifestyle advice tailored to your needs
- coupled with developing tailored resources such as recipes, meal plans, shopping lists to help you to achieve your goals too
- providing encouragement and motivation in a supportive, non-judgemental environment.
Call us to find out more.
Phone 01 496 4002