If you’re over 35…..Listen to your body instead of looking at it so much. All your vital internal instruments will thank you – you might even start to sound like a nice melody!
From the time you are born to around the time you turn 30, your muscles grow larger and stronger. But at some point in your 30s, you begin to lose muscle mass and function, a condition known as age-related sarcopenia. Nothing overly serious, but to summarise, it’s to do with nerve cells, brain signalling and hormonal changes.
We’ve all been down this road at some point….
- Going for a run (too much too soon until it hurts)
- Buying a new bike that gathers dust in the shed
- Trying ‘High Intensity’ exercise
- Abstaining from any of the good stuff in life
The truth is we have difficulty maintaining an ideally healthy lifestyle because of various factors (as above) and external stressors, such as job demands, cost of living and just being beautifully flawed!
But our health matters…..It’s frustratingly complex.
So what do we suggest at Personal Health?
- Consult with our Medical team about your lifestyle choices
- Exercise for 30 minutes with our Physiotherapists
- Make small practical changes to your diet, with the help of our dieticians
- Learn how to make behavioural changes to your sleep
- Outsource your health concerns to an expert medical team